Black Bear Sports Group, Inc. was founded to purchase undermanaged and underperforming ice rinks to bring professional management and badly needed capital to 20-30 year old rinks to save the facilities and provide a safe and fun environment for the local community.
- Focus on arenas in metropolitan areas with compelling demographics
- Invest capital to insure we have the highest quality facilities
- Hire best in class operators to manage our arenas
- Partner with local hockey and skating clubs for mutual long-term success
- Make sure that "Moms and Dads" are not mismanaging their respective hockey clubs
- Ready and able to invest and hold for a very long time horizon
- Operate primarily in the Midwest, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where there is an NHL presence
Black Bear Sports Group, Inc. is a Chevy Chase, MD based private company that was founded in 2015, and is led by CEO Mr. Murry Gunty. Mr. Gunty is a lifelong hockey fan who founded Black Bear based on combining his turnaround experience in a broad array of industries with his passion for the game of hockey. Black Bear's goal is to save older rinks by investing capital to bring their facilities up to modern standards and provide great programming for its hockey and figure skating communities.